National Council of Women Fiji
Welcome to the National Council of Women Fiji [NCWF]!!
The NCWF is a non-governmental organisation that was established in 1968 to be the focal point for the women of Fiji. Today it is one of the strongest bodies in the country that voices Fiji women's concerns. It is also the umbrella organisation of women NGO's in Fiji.
Nature Of The Council
- The Council is a national coordinating body of women's organisations/groups in Fiji.
- The Council acts as a national forum providing women of Fiji with a collective voice to speak out and take action on issues of local, national and international concerns.
- The Council is a non-political, non-sectarian, non-profit and non-government organisation
Aims of the Council
- To promote the interests of women in particular that of women with disabilities, the girl child and the marginalised
- To advocate on behalf of women and children to ensure development efforts produce sustainable and justly distributed improvements to the quality of life for all Fiji citizens.
Objectives Of The Council
- To promote solidarity and unity amongst women for the advancement of women's status in Fiji.
- To conduct research on the needs of women and the girl-child
- To monitor, analyse and take appropriate action on non government policies and programs that impact on women and the girl-child.
- To mobilise and organise resources for action
- To collect and distribute information
- To facilitate active networking between women's organisations in Fiji.
- To work in cooperation with other organisations having similar aims as the Council.
- To maintain links with the International Councils of Women and the National Women's Umbrella bodies in other countries.
- To promote the recognition and support of the Council's aims and objectives by the government agencies, private sector organisations, regional and international bodies and the public at large.